Wednesday, December 15, 2010

#2 Update

I wanted to share a scanned version of the ultrasound pictures from today, but sorry to disappoint folks, my scanner is broken. However, I can tell you that a cute one is cooking. I actually have ultrasound photos that show the next little nut opening and closing his/her mouth.

The tech was very good at not revealing the sex of the baby, to my dismay. She wrote it in an envelope and sealed it for me very well, again to my dismay. I have not touched it to my husband's disbelief - it is in my bag to go to the office tomorrow where I will ask my co-worker to call up Disney for me, and hide the envelope.

The plan, to be at dinner in Disney in January with all the grandparents and Aunt Jennie and Uncle Jeremy, and to have a cake delivered with the "It's a ..." message. A mirror for what we did in finding out that Joel Andrew was a boy. I am frankly a little more excited this time, because I know this is our last time. So either it will be me and lots of boys... which has its plusses and minuses, or I will have a girl - which will also have its plusses and minuses.

In other news, the kid is a tank. It is already at 90th percentile... Joel Andrew at this time was 45th. Moves constantly, like its brother... which is continually terrifying me. I am really hoping that "you usually get two different personalities from one kid to the next" is true. Not because I do not like my son, of course I love him. But a carbon copy of him would just about send me under. I need the second to be quiet, to want to sit for more than 1 second and focus on something, to read a book with me - not just flip the pages. I am just hoping for some balance.

Which brings me to my next topic, I am continually terrified about #2's arrival and worried this will be too much to handle. Don't forget I am an only child folks. This has consumed me so much that I have not even begun to think of all the fun that #2 will bring too. Today, watching the screen and seeing #2 open and close it's mouth, constantly move and wave hello to me on the screen did make me think about that. This will be tough, but fun at times, an adventure.

A girl I went to high school with is now pregnant with her 4th - and she posted on Facebook the other day that she is "savoring every last kick" as this is supposedly her last pregnancy. I have only been counting down the days until the end of this pregnancy (to be not pregnant again...), and have just reached the half way point. I whine about what I cannot eat, am jealous about what I cannot drink, and frankly fed up with sleeping on my side already. But what she said made me think. Maybe a turning point here. I am not saying I am getting to be all hippie-pregnant-lady... but I should enjoy it, it is my last pregnancy too! (trust me, it is...)

So, I am getting brighter. Perhaps by the time the kiddo arrives I will be a new person! I will be ready, I will be confident, and I will have a son who can communicate through other ways than tantrums and whines, likes to help Mommy and likes to watch tv... Less than 20 weeks to go...

2 comments:

  1. It's funny but I guess Josephine is our last and I definitely did NOT savior it (and still don't). Maybe I'm crazily hoping for another like your FB friend? Anyway, it is hard to focus when you have a toddler on your hands. But once you get past the first 8-10 weeks of your newborn she or he will totally be awesome and you'll be happy for J to have a sibling. Of course that said, Ned and Penny pretty much ignore Josephine. She'll be terrorizing them soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew- love your blog- the posts crack me up! And you guys are way more brave than Craig and I by having another- we're total chickens! Hope you have a great Christmas! - Fraps

    ReplyDelete