Friday, June 24, 2016

James' Preschool Graduation


Well, there wasn't really one.  I knew this going in, when we made the big switch up to this "fancy" preschool this year.  This preschool - on the Academy's campus, really encourages, and gets many of its students to go to Kindergarten there, too - because Exeter is still half day.  So, they do not do a graduation for preschool as many just go on, and instead they do a nice end of the year art show - which was really lovely.  Except, I was so in love with Joel Andrew's preschool graduation from Kids Stop that I couldn't not do anything for James.


So we took my college graduation cap and went to PEA Campus and took some photos yesterday morning, on his last day of school.  I'm really bummed because the school's vice-principal, and a member of my museum's board - walked right by us as we were driving away. I should have gotten out and forced him to take a pic with James.  He actually would have loved that, missed opportunity.


So today my littlest love is no longer a preschooler.  He has Mrs. Middleton for Kindergarten.  I am kinda devastated.  I was a mess yesterday and was so sad to leave the PEA preschool place.  Just walking into that place it is so bright and sunny.  Sometimes when I left him there he was building a puzzle quietly at a table and the smell of cinnamon toast was wafting in the air.  He did things like go to the big gym at PEA, dance recitals for the school, my museum.  They cooked in their classroom, and James drew, and drew and drew.  I have lots of drawings to go through now.

It was a good experience for him and for us, and walking to school with him (most days) after unlocking the Tavern together.  Hold hands, crossing the street, counting the horses on the drive in, I will miss that part of my morning routine.  I will miss my guy.

But life moves on and I guess I will love putting two boys on the bus, and not having a second drop off, etc.  I am hoping that their loving, caring, go at your own pace structure too will be ok with James' transition to Kindergarten, which I am worried about in the Fall... Joel was fine, Joel will be fine (and we even had some hiccups).  James....  We will see.

We love you buddy, you free spirit, not always processing directions, loving and caring little guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment