Friday, June 24, 2016

Strawberry Picking - Trying to Get Mom Time In


This summer has started, and already I missed three days with my Joelly while he had Ama and Grumpy time.  He was able to go to Watch Hill, RI and do a few other fun things too - like movies, and Legoland.  I got him back last night, worked late, and then today was our time.  And, of course we added Ms. Laurel because she is the best!


It was going to be easy, and necessary for me, to just let the gang play while I packed and got ready for the big weekend ahead.  I will be staying in three different hotels in three different cities the next three nights.  But,. instead of that, I took the kids to strawberry pick - and we made Jam.

My patience was great (for me) as I gave everyone a turn mashing the strawberries and putting the sugar in the pot.  I was like Martha Stewart of playdates.  It was awesome.

And, I'm supposed to leave here in 25 minutes... And haven't packed yet.



But, next week when I am all alone, as the boys will be up in Maine going to Camp.  I will be missing them and I will be glad that we got out and did an activity.  I will force myself to have these activity days, and I will rest when not working the other time.  Need to take some steps back from working - but I guess that will be after the DC loan is done.

In the meantime, enjoy pictures of a beautiful sunny morning in Hampton Falls - strawberry picking with the boy's best pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment