
Especially for a Doctor's appointment. But, I had to! It was his 15-month appointment. As you can see in the progression of the photos, he really did not want to be woken up. Alas, we made it to the Doctor's office with no time to spare. Mom had also forgotten her wallet and cellphone. Hey, at least we made it there.

The Doctor seemed to pick up on our craziness and decided to tell us that all 15-month appointments are very interesting, usually with the child running around screaming and throwing things. Joel really didn't scream, more whine. And didn't throw too much... But, hey. I guess he is a normal boy then.

Other fun things I learned. I point blank asked the Doctor: "If my son throws his food, can I just take it all away? Yes, he might go hungry a few meals, but will he learn not to throw his food?" I think Dr. Lamm is continually surprised by my "tough love" statements. He was in full agreement with me though. "If he is hungry, he will eat, not throw." Here's hoping for that. Both Dad and Mom are loosing their patience. While Otter and Angus are having a field day. Wait until Grammie sees that her little angel has been throwing food, she will not stand for it. If Joel Andrew thinks I'm tough love...

All in all, a healthy guy! He is 72nd percentile for height, whatever that means. And, comparable for weight and head size. He is growing well, looking good and certainly is developing a personality. His new favorite things:
- "singing" Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
- throwing food, duh.
- Dancing with the Mickey Dancing toy.
- Dancing to Reggae.
- Throwing tantrums...
- Laughing hysterically when you "bite" him with the pot holder mitts.
- He can now identify and bring us all the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters, and Tigger. We need more Disney stuffed animals to get him ready for our January trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment