Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall Fun




Well, the cat is out of the bag so to speak. But, I will try not to spend this entire post whining. It has been tough. Chasing after a little monkey, dealing with morning sickness all day long, and twice the exhaustion of the last pregnancy, all while going back to work and having my husband repeatedly leave for Canada! Boo! But that is enough about that.

We are very excited, due May 5th, but I am freaking out. Once again, "hey, let's just see what happens," is not good family planning. Yes, I will not be preggers for Jennie's wedding next September, but I will have a newborn for all of her festivities that I want to make fantastic, such as shower and bachelorette.

Not to mention, 2 kids under two! I know, some of your bloggers have three kids, twins, third on the way, etc. But you guys are better than me... I am not sure how I am going to handle it, the sleepless nights again. I have already thrown the Bfing out the window for fear of totally loosing it. I need advice! Tricks, tips, and also, the ever-comforting, it will be easier when they are older... You will be in your late forties, and all will be out of the house (hopefully). We are done after #2, let me tell you!

But, it is not all panic. There are some hot moments. The extra-exhaustion and the not so terrible sickness this go round leads me to want to think this is a girl... Plus, I have been breaking out, my hair has been falling out in clumps and my mother, who said and I am quoting here: "The witch knows" said it was a girl as well. Don't girl's steal your beauty? Eh, if we had a boy it would certainly make life easier. All the stuff here and ready to go, a few years and Joel will take them on boys things and I will drink wine... But, a girl and think of the outfit possibilities...

Needless to say, we already booked our Disney vacation and will be finding out the sex mid-January.
So that is enough of that for now. I am excited, I am. But I am overwhelmed, frightened and exhausted too. Everything happens for a reason though, so the timing just must be perfect for us!

We have been enjoying other Fall activities. Here is my little monkey man in the middle of one of his common freak-outs. He just goes ape sometimes, pardon the pun. Starts crying, throwing a fit, hitting, and then two seconds later, over. Not sure what brings these things on. I think we really need to start talking soon. At least that might be able to help him communicate what is wrong.

In NH they schedule Halloween, which is so weird. We had it last night and went around the the neighbors we knew. Husband scored a beer. Not bad. We had two little bees visit our house, all evening. It is sad. Growing up I lived on a main street, set back from the road, on the opposite side of the street from the sidewalk, so we hardly ever had trick or treaters. I assumed moving to Hampton Falls we would be the cash cow of trick or treating. People would flock to our neighborhood to score big candy bars. I was wrong. Who is going to walk down our loooong driveways? It takes about 5 minutes to get from one house to the next... Sad. But, we are making up for it today by going to Declan's in Methuen. They do not schedule Halloween there, so we will be camped out on the street passing tons of candy out. I am excited!
We also went up to Maine yesterday, to visit with Joel's old boss. He was having a cider press party. I rationalized my consumption of his freshly pressed cider in many ways, including, it is fresh, it is local, it is my second child, etc. I should probably stop that now and instead really pay attention to the preggo eating rules. But seriously, well-done hamburger? Gross. I miss cheese. I am not going to be preggers again I tell you! I remember watching Giada on Oprah, and she ate non-pasteurized Gorgonzola and told Oprah, "I should not be doing this, I am pregnant." I, pregnant with my first child, was horrified. How could she risk it? What was she thinking? Now, I am having a hard time holding back...

2 comments:

  1. Meh. I ate deli meat and even had the occasional glass of wine starting in my second trimester. The chances of getting any of those weird diseases from food is negligible. The exhaustion is tough...did you have morning sickness with J too? I was fortunate to never have it while pregnant with Cameron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was way better about avoiding the "forbidden" foods/beverages with my first pregnancy, and much more lax about it with my second. Sushi, tuna steaks, a little wine, unpasteurized cheeses... they all passed my lips with Lucy, but I at least felt guilty about it - does that count? :-)

    I told you on FB, but again, congratulations! This is so exciting! My favorite, favorite thing is watching my two kids play together. I absolutely love it - it makes the craziness of a second pregnancy and newborn all completely worth it, I swear!

    ReplyDelete