I just thought I would update you to all of the baby tricks we have now. I know, he is a human being and not a dog, but husband and I seem to really enjoy teaching him some fun things.
- He can now identify his belly, nose and his head. I taught him belly. Nose and head? Daycare? For years I tried to teach him his nose. Those who went to Montana with us will remember a particularly funny moment after a few glasses of wine when I complained that my son does not know where his nose is. Well, he found it, all of the sudden!
- Husband thought it would be funny to teach him "The Situation." This is when we say "The Situation" and Joel proceeds to lift up his shirt and to the side exposing his belly. For those of you who do not know, it imitates one of the Jersey Shore people. For the record, I do not approve of this one. But Joel does a really good job in imitating The Situation.
- Go get... We can now mention any member of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Joel will go and get them and bring them to us. Donald, Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto. Still a little iffy on Daisy but almost there. And, yes, of course we bought a stuffed animal of each of these.
- Put the clothes away. Still a work in progress, but isn't Grammie going to be so impressed? I am getting him to put his dirty clothes in the hamper! Unfortunately, I did not think to check the hamper before doing laundry and found that Joel must have thought a stuffed animal and a plastic snake also needed to be cleaned.
That is all for now. I have been meaning to write a post entitled "To Mini van or not to Mini van..." That will be a long one!
No comments:
Post a Comment