Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Long time, no post

And this basically explains why...

The entire month of September has been a big blur. We have been busy, yes. But, it is beyond that. At the same time Joel Andrew is starting day care and I going back to work, my husband decides to start to go to Canada every week. Which means me at home with the munchkin and dogs all by myself, working, tues-thurs. (depending on the week, sometimes mon-thurs). I have just about had enough of that! It makes it hard for me to want to do anything when I am the only parent, working, commuting and doing other things like cooking, cleaning, folding. I know, whine whine. The husband does try to do more when he is home. But his Canadian family is driving me nuts.

Other than that, work is going well and I feel great about it! Joel Andrew is doing well at day care, he still cries when I drop him off and pick him up - but they swear he is happy during the day. We got his first work of art today, a nice chalk drawing.

And I haven't even taken a photo of the little man in ages!

But seriously, he is just about adjusted to the one nap a day thing. If we try to put him to bed any earlier it just means he wakes up earlier (which is never ok in my book) - so we are coasting through with about an hour less of sleep a day.

Maybe that is why the sudden brattiness? Well, not really sudden. But lots of whining is happening lately. Any tips on how to end this, nip it in the bud? He threw his milk at me this morning and I was adamant. I would not let him do anything until he picked it up nice and handed it to me. Joel Andrew - 0, Mommy - 1: it took 10 minutes, and made me late for work. But, he picked it up.

That is all for now!

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely the age when defiance starts. The hardest part of discipline is the consistency and stubbornness that you need. Sometimes it is just easier to get the cup, you know?! Husband travels for work 2-3 days a week so I feel your pain - sometimes the housework has to slide.

    ReplyDelete