Sunday, September 12, 2010

Apple Picking and Adjusting

This weekend we went apple picking at Applecrest Farm with the Mc-Hardings (see Britt trying her first cider donut above). It was a great time as per usual. We did some things that I kept thinking, hmmmm... is this a good idea? Letting my son eat an entire cider donut? Letting him feed all of the animals? Going on the scariest tractor ride known to man to pick the apples... But we all lived to tell and it was a nice fall weekend activity.
In other news, I thought I would update you on his daycare situation. He is still not loving it. When do they get adjusted? He is crying a bit less now, like he is quiet for a 1/2 hour at a time... But still, it makes me sad. This combined with he has had some tummy issues that have been bothering him. His sleep is all over the map now, either because he will not nap at daycare or because of his tummy, I am not sure. I tried to get him to do one nap this weekend hoping it would make the daycare nap easier, but he was so tired he needed the two.
Tomorrow we start Music Together classes. I am looking forward to this hippie class. I hope he will enjoy it!
He has also learned a ton of new tricks lately. We finally taught him the hubba-hubba dance, which is hysterical (I have to figure the video camera out). He does touchdown and first down, and occasionally holding. Other very exciting things are that at night I say ok, go to your bath and he runs right to the tub. If I say go brush your teeth he runs right to the sink. He can understand english! Now, if only he could say something else besides "Otter."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry it was a rough week for J at daycare. It will get better but I know that doesn't help now. Definitely start putting him down no later than 7 PM. You can't control his naps right now so it's especially important J gets 11-12 hours at night. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete