Monday, September 13, 2010

Music Together

Today we started Music Together class. It was a great surprise that Cynthia and Ava are also in our class with us! I was hesitant about this, but everyone says we have to do it. It is the thing. Kids love it. Parents love it, everyone has a great time.
They are right, though I am not sure what I am going to do there. Everyone sings. Do you know how bad my singing voice is? The singing is reminiscent of warm up routines when I was in high school theater (think Glee... yes, I was that cool and ahead of my time). When I participated in these activities in high school, I lip synced. One of our musical directors actually swore he was going to have me singing by the end of the show. "Everyone can sing" he chanted. By the end of the show, he politely asked me to "speak sing" my lines...
So, I am worried for the day when the teacher catches me speak singing. I am pretty sure she is just the type - maybe even married to my former musical director. I do not want another failed reform try!

Regardless, it is a great time. The kiddo spent most of the class taking it all in. He shook his maracas with all of his might, and tried a hand at sharing. I think it is funny that they close the class with a snack. Seems like there are snacks everywhere these days. Now we have some homework this week! Oh boy! Must get memorizing the lyrics I will be non-singing!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a terrible singer but I do it anyway. It's useful to sing the "two minute" warning song about when it is time to leave a park/turn off the TV. Yes, the moms look at me weirdly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until Joel Andrew amazes the grandparents when he signs while you sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star...not to mention the marching song. We grandparents are easy to amaze when it comes to grandkids. Sue

    ReplyDelete