Friday, September 14, 2012

Bago Lake Year in Review


Joel husband said something very profound last weekend at bago lake, when I was complaining that I did not get to play cards on the roof deck at all this year (can you imagine my horrible problems?).  He noted, that each year is a year to focus on different things. Next year maybe the year to play cards on the roof deck, you never know.  And, he is right.  There have been years when it was playing beer pong on the roof deck, and years when it was waking up and breast feeding at 5am (and no, this was not the same year).  So, I thought I would talk a little about this year, at bago lake, in review.



This was the year of the frog, catching frogs that is.  Mommy caught more frogs than daddy, which is all e frogs she has ever caught in her lifetime, and had a great time doing it.  Hey I have boys now - better get used to these things.  I had never known all the frogs around the lake, super fun!  Literally hours of entertainment.

The year of winning.  Ok, so I only played two card games all summer.  But I won the both and that makes me a 100% winner!  Ha!



Not the year of the guest.  We had minimal guests this summer which was sad, but those that did come enjoyed it for sure.  I hope next year we can get back into sharing the lake more and more.

Sunset cruise.  James is not the biggest fan of the boat, which is so weird.  When Joel Andrew was in the boat, he just slept.  James cries.  Unless he is completely full and then he is fun.  S, we wait until after his dinner and go for a sunset cruise and have 20 minutes of fun.  And then he is overtired and we race back.  I have a feeling this is the only year we will have to deal with this.


Pay for it beach. Yes, we have two awesome beaches, but for some reason we felt the need to pay $50 for a beach sticker to a private sand bar beach.  This turned out to be a great plan as we made all of our $$$ back in food when they had kids BBQ day and uncle Jeremy ate everything,  looking forward to next year!  Again, James was challenging in these excursions, but that leads me to my next point...


Booty! The year of booty, on a few levels.  The endless jokes associated with pirate booty. The boys love of the stuff helped us on many boat excursions, and the fact that the pirate captain movie is now out on DVD and Joel Andrew has made me watch it 8,000 times so far leads me to believe it really was the year of booty.

We had a great summer, with lots of memorable evenings.  I am sad that it was cut short because of my working, but looking forward to next summer already. I would like that to be the summer of ice cream, miraculous weight loss, naps, going down the river, and tubing.  As well as awesome but non cancer causing tans.  Can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment