Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall


Fall is upon us and last weekend I took the boys for the morning (really it was only for about an hour and a half) to the Farm around the corner.  It has been a crazy busy time with work and so I am sad I have hardly seen my boys and hardly posted on my blog.  But this day did happen, and I have photos of it, so I am posting it now.


It is probably the busiest time of year for my job, next to December 31st.  We had our Annual Meeting on Thursday night, there seems to be an event of some sort each weekend, and I am sending out 1,200 letters asking for over $3 million dollars on Monday.  All customized.  But whatever.  Everyone has busy times! I am actually thankful because in years past all last weekend would have been devoted to work - we changed that and spread it out to just a few Saturday's instead.  Not sure how that will work out!  But we shall see.  Anyway, what I am learning as I went from 0 to 60 in no time flat, is any free second is the only potential second to spend with the kids, so I  better make it count.


After this morning of fun, where we pet animals, sat on pumpkins, rode a hayride, ate cider donuts - did not pick apples because the tractor line was about a mile long, but hey - we live here and 90% of our neighbors have apple trees with apples rotting on them in their backyard, so I think we are good...  But after this awesome morning, it was right back to work for Mommy.  I had an 8am on Monday in the Charles River Valley - and so I went to Auntie Jennie and Uncle Jeremy's to sleep that night.


Later in the week, Joel Husband had a retreat in Maine for two nights, then I had my Annual Meeting, so we are single alternating parents lately.  It is a mess and I am not sure if it is sustainable.  In one week I ruined a friends surprise party, threw an epic tantrum of my own, had two great work meetings, and one where I thought a lady was going to shoot me (story for another time and not the inter webs), lost a nice bracelet, thought I lost my engagement ring 9no worries, Joel Husband, all set!), and bought myself birthday boots.  I am tired and sad and accomplished and hungry.  Again, is this a good plan?


No comments:

Post a Comment