Mommy's birthday wasn't what it was supposed to be this year. But for the most part, it was still great. I had taken it as a vacation day, the day I was hired. My goal this year was to take a vacation day on each of the boys and my's birthdays, and we would go on an adventure like we used to and it would be a fun time. For James this kinda worked, but we were busy with family. For Joel Andrew, this sort of worked, but I was forced to check email all day long at the zoo. For me, it did not work at all. Vacation day cancelled and into work for meetings it was.
I will not even get into what the meetings were about, but they were not fun. Alas, the joys of change! My coworkers were great though, buying me chocolates and flowers! Anyway, down the tubes went my big plan to go to the Topsfield Fair with many friends. Maybe we will get to go tomorrow? I can't complain too badly. I have tomorrow off for Columbus Day, and I get to save a vacay day for another time now.
But the boys were still very good to me. Joel Andrew sang me happy birthday about 50 times, they got me great things for our upcoming trip to Disney, and James gave me 800 kisses. Joel Andrew and I watched Cinderella - which he loved (the princess movie), and Daddy got me a new camera (photos to come). All in all it was a nice day, but an even better weekend.
I am just hoping that in the months to come I will be able to get back a better work-life balance, and keep it! I miss my little guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment