Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Food Coma


Well, we are about 1/2 way done with our adventure, and all I can say is one thing: Food Coma. WE have once again eaten our way through a vacation - and we haven't even gotten to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot yet!  (did I tell you the Food & Wine Festival takes place each year during this week in Epcot and it accepts snack points?  Oh yeah!).  Last night I thought I had the Disney disease at 1 in the morning, but it turns out I just ate too much and couldn't sleep.  Good thing there is so much walking to balance everything out!

Here is a photo of me eating my obligatory Mickey Ice Cream pop.  Joel Andrew could care less and only wants popcorn.

We have learned some things about traveling with a 3-1/2 year old.  First, he cannot sit still (see previous posts), but second - there is absolutely no point in preparing him for what he is about to do, as it will only lead to an argument.  You can walk him right into a pit of fire with alligators and he would be all set, but should you tell him: "We are about to do the most awesome thing ever, so much fun" - the only response you will get is: "No, I do not want to do the most awesome thing ever."  So, we have had to reprogram ourselves, and not get excited about the rides we are about to do, or the characters we are about to meet.  As it will just lead to tantrum, no matter what.


Additionally, we have learned to steer clear of the Peter Pan Ride, saying the words Peter Pan or anything to do with pirate.  We have ridden the Peter Pan ride about 90 times now.  This would not be a problem, as Daddy and I are both up for anything in the parks, except for the fact that every other child wants to ride Peter Pan 90 thousand times so although It's a Small World right across has a 5 minute wait time, Peter Pan has a 50 minute one.

My parents used to say I was the same way with Dumbos.  And, boy do they have Dumbo's figured out now.  They tore down the old Dumbos, just since our last visit and now instead they have "dueling Dumbos" - two simultaneous rides that are twice the size of the old Dumbos.  More than double the people yes, but what is more - when you go in line, you Disney- maze it through a tent and come to a spot where you are handed a restaurant wait buzzer thing.  Then you and your child can go off and play in this enormous play area.  When your thing buzzes, it is time for you to ride the ride.  GENIUS.  We watched as parent after parent pulled away their tantruming child from the play space to go on the ride. Joel Andrew of course follow suit. But whatever.  Genius.  I highly recommend they implement something similar for the bigger people rides, with a bar.


We met Winnie the Pooh at lunch today, and Tigger too.  But Tigger was in a rush and did not give Joel Andrew a high-5 which was both unfortunate and sad.  Eeyore and piglet made up for it though!  I think I have gone to the Crystal Palace character lunch every single time I have come to Disney World. Pretty much every single time!


No comments:

Post a Comment