Saturday, October 27, 2012
The Missing Piece
We are in the downhill stretch of the vacation, and it is sad! We went through the slump of too many crowds, too much food, too tired, sick of lines, etc - then we remembered we are on vacation. I have been checking my work email, mostly just to make sure the poop isn't hitting the fan while I am away, but really it is a nice thing to do because it reminds me not to be sad about anything happening here at Disney... look at what I could be doing at home!...
Joel Andrew will not sleep in the stroller, which is a bummer. We thought that he might as he slept a lot on the way here... but we were wrong. iPad during meals has been a saviour, to keep him at bay, but the lack of sleep is starting to wear on him.
The big elephant in the room, the one I have yet to post about yet, is James. We miss him so much! Well, at least I do. Joel Andrew has said he has missed him too. There are families with babies everywhere we look, but the truth is a baby is almost easier than an 18 month old in the parks. 18 month olds will want to get out and do everything their brother does, without much success.
However, we do like to say every single time Joel Andrew doesn't like something, or doesn't want to do something: "James would do it." No matter what it is. Tonight, Joel complained he did not want to see the fireworks: "James would like to." Joel Andrew does not want to eat his dinner, "James would eat it." Etc., etc. - most of the time, this logic is actually sound.
And James will, as we will bring him in a year if I have my way, two if Daddy has his way. But I feel like this small age is the best time to come and enjoy everything here and it is going to go by so quick!
Joel Husband has been pretty good, but he has Fast Pass-idious. This means, that once we arrive at a park he needs to immediately get a fast pass from some ride. We have to. It is a thing with him, we are failures if we do not use this feature. He will run all the way to the other side of the park, to get a fast pass at a ride that has a 10 minute wait, and then run back to where we are. That is 20 minutes round trip. But, we let it go, it is his vacation too!
And that is all, folks. My next post will reflect upon our big week. All two of you who have read this so far will be really psyched to hear about my thoughts. It was a good week, a great vacation. So great I am 10 pounds heavier, and in tears about starting the grind again on Monday. The good news is Joel Husband says if I will pay for it he will go to Disney again this time next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment