Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ama and Grumpy Visit

My parents visited for over two weeks, much of that time we were in Disney with our oldest, and they stayed back and watched James.  It was a natural fit for them to enjoy some time with James, as he still takes good naps, will eat anything you give him, and is a riot. James can sometimes get really stubborn and have a bit of attitude or defiance to him that is hard to control (he is freakishly strong, like really strong) - but they said he exhibited none of this while we were away.  When we came home, however, it was as if he was mad at us for going to Disney without him and had a night or two of pure terror in him, including chucking the baby monitor at my face, resulting in a huge black and blue that people still comment on. Is there a service out there for when you toddler abuses you?

Having Ama and Grumpy was awesome.  I am not sure if I gained more weight from Disney, or from Ama's cooking but I can tell you my pants do not fit me again.  They spoiled us rotten.  There was home cooked, delicious meals every night, children were woken up, fed, cleaned and happy without question at all times.  Laundry was done.  At one point, they actually asked me if I would mind if they did things like clean my car or organize my pantry while I was at work.

Not sure how to repay that.  It sounds like they were our slaves, but the funny thing is I think they actually enjoyed it.  They got to see their boys, and they were helping us all along the way.  It isn't easy to have two working parents, two young boys, and a house to keep!  Plus, they had all sorts of quality time with their family too.  I took them out to dinner one night which was nice to catch up, and they had lots of fun with the boys too.

So, we miss Ama and Grumpy, and owe them so much for 2-1/2 weeks of fun!  But they will be back in about 13 days, for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment