Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Thanksgiving to Remember

This Thanksgiving was certainly memorable.  We had a great time of course, even though we did not start cooking our turkey until 6pm at night.  This was due to our false thought that a turkey fryer would be a good idea.  I think blessings come in disguises and it was probably a good thing that the oil never got up to the required temperature of 375 or whatever - I think we hovered at 325 for a while.  So, we cut the already brined turkey up and grilled it.  Which, was actually pretty nice.  I am thinking an accidental tradition, brine turkey, cute it up, next year roll it in herbs, and grill it.  Yum.  Plus, the leftover carcas makes awesome turkey soup.

So, it was memorable.  But we all had a great time.  We got a little snippy when we were a little hungry, but that is understandable, you can't be hungry on Thanksgiving, you just can't.

We had a great visit at Uncle Jeremy and Auntie Jennies the next day.  Most of us just slept on the couch while Brave played in the background.  But again, what else are you supposed to do on Thanksgiving?  Joel Andrew has been trying lately with the hitting, but it trying to be better.  James is talking up a storm and throwing everything, and Mommy is tantruming of her own device.  Work has been difficult with all the change that has been in place, and with the year end approaching, and with all sorts of events.  Lots of nights and weekends out have been happening lately, and lots of working until 2am...  I am really hoping this is just the season, because I miss my little guys to pieces!

It's the most wonderful time of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment