Sunday, December 9, 2012

Getting Festive

We have been out and about lately in the name of the holidays.  Last weekend we went with the McKrensky-Hardings and the Muench Clan to pick out a Christmas tree.  We were going to go to the tree farm where you find one, cut it and lug it to your car, but at the last minute we thought this was too much and went to the town square instead and bought our trees from the fire fighters.  WE lugged them home, and put ours up and then proceeded to eat and eat and drink and drink while the baby napped, the toddlers played and the pre-teens also watched the game.  It was a good time.

This weekend the Solsos and the Kings and the Williams all went on our annual trip to Charmingfare Farm to see Santa.  This place is slightly creepy and totally awesome.  It was raining, so we did not get the cool hayride to Santa's home, and instead just walked over the barn where we saw Santa and all of his pals.  Mrs. Claus hands out cookies, but then there are all sorts of characters who also greet you including the grinch, a giant cookie, frosty, rudolph, and a few others who I am not sure what they are. Watching all of them wave at you is creepy - no wonder why half the kiddos cried their eyes out!  But, only just for a second, and then they were happy again.  James especially loved his Christmas cookie.  I believe we even got one photo of everyone together.

Our house is decorated in full Christmas force this year.  We have three trees up, the real one is over 10 feet tall and almost every single last Christmas decoration is out.  This is all a miracle, and just goes to show you how little time I have been spending with my children.  Last week, for work, I literally worked at least 70 hours.  This is not an exaggeration, I worked 14 hours on Saturday, a full work week, plus two late evening meetings and three other evenings just on the computer until really late.  I am tired and missing my kids.  I tried to get a bunch of stuff done today, but ended up checking work email again and that lead to a long string of unhappiness which ended in me burning lasagna that I made for the kids to eat this week, while I will be working two late nights again for meetings/events.  That should be enough of my complaining for now.  I am missing my children growing up.  I guess I wasn't happy when I was with them 24/7, now I am not happy either.  Funny to complain about it though, as I write this Joel Andrew and his father are fighting in the bath.  I guess it is a realy happy holiday season for us around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment