Thursday, December 13, 2012

Decorating, Grumpy Style

Joelly and I finished Christmas decorating tonight, and it was awesome.  We have three trees, two train sets, and 16 bears.  Countless ornaments, and many annoyingly singing stuffed animals.  I would say 96% of our holiday items are out.  We did not put out the manger or a few select stuffed animals, or a few ornaments, because well - enough is enough.  But it is the best year yet for the Williams for holiday decorations.

Anyway, tonight we put out the final touches, which included the Christmas bears.  Grumpy each year has bought me a Christmas bear from Harrods - starting 16 years ago, the days he would travel to London for work annually.  When he stopped traveling to London for work, I made it clear that he still needed to get me the bears, and he does.  When they came over Thanksgiving, he handed me a box and told me that there is a guy in there who may need to come out sooner for some air.  Awesome Grumpy!

So, tonight we got all of the bears out of the attic and one by one Joel Andrew walked them down to the stairs and lined them up.  "There are many bears, Mommy."  Yes, there are.  "Each one has a buddy Mommy."  And he lined them up, on ten stairs, one next to the other, until there were three bears left on stairs without buddies.  "Mommy, we need to tell Santa to bring us three more bears."

So, I told him that Grumpy gives the bears to Mommy every Christmas, and there was a package from Grumpy we should open.  So, Joel Andrew opened our first Christmas gift tonight (don't tell Moosey the Elf) and was thrilled to see another bear which he immediately hugged and kissed and gave over to a buddy on a step with only one bear.

Now we need two more Mommy.  (math genius!).  You can tell he is just like his Mommy though, because when I explained to him that we just have to wait two more years he exclaimed: "now, they need their buddies now."  I guess tomorrow I will put the two lone bears on the same step, leaving one step bare (no pun intended) and see how that flies with the little guy instead.

We set up the big train to go around underneath the Christmas tree, and watched the little train in the corner of the living room while all the trees were lit.  I am very much looking forward to this holiday with my family.  Thank you Grumpy for helping to make it so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment