Thursday, April 11, 2013

Seacoast Science Center

We are now members of everything, almost literally.  The Zoos, the Aquarium, all Science Museums and most Children's Museums through our ASTC/ACM membership with the NH Children's Museum, The Trustees, the MFA.  You name it.  So, we will be busy this spring and summer.  Must get our money's worth!

Newest on the member docket - Seacoast Science Center.  It is awesome, and I have posted about it before.  We went there, and I was calling it the mini-Aquarium, since we went to the "big" aquarium on Monday.  Finally, I thought to call it Science Center which helped.  This place is small, you can almost count the amount of tanks on your hand.  They have a cute touch tank, lots of children's programs, they are in a state park, and they have some exhibits too.  I was prepared that we would be there for 10 minutes, and maybe hit the swings outside since there were no programs on that morning.

I was wrong.  The kids had a great time and practically had to be torn away from the place in order to make lunch with Daddy.  They have so many exhibits that the kids can push buttons, play with, crawl in and out of a boat, etc - that they were content.  We went to the touch tank - and although Joel Andrew needed to be convinced to go to the touch tank at the Aquarium on Monday...  on this day he went full in.  While I was cleaning James' hand I looked up and Joel had lifted out a starfish completely out of the water.  Luckily I calmly handled things and he learned not to do that anymore before staff revoked my membership.

We left and had a bit of a communication issue on our way out.  Joel Andrew has stopped directly listening to you, unless it benefits him of course.  This is maybe typical pre-schooler behavior?  But he needs to listen when he is approaching a parking lot and I say stop...  Not sure how to do this other than scream like a banshee and yell at him when he hasn't listened after I asked for the fifth time.

Lunch was also eventful, which means that Daddy will probably not be wanting us to visit him anytime soon. Later that evening they were also a handful and I am wondering if this is all adjusting to the transition of me staying at home again...  They had a routine with school and I am messing it up.  So far so interesting. I am enjoying my time with them, I hope they are too!  They do still go to school 3 days a week and in the fall will probably be going back to at least 4...  So, it is ok for the interim, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment