Friday, June 19, 2015

Accomplishments and Endings

Joel Andrew is at his last day of Kindergarten today.  I'll be taking a picture of him as he gets off the bus to end the year.  Then I have a first grader.  A first grader?  Quite terrifying.  I mean, kindergarten is cute and all, and that was a tough transition for me - but first grade, I am old.  Fast forward is going to go even faster now.  8 more years left of school before high school. He is turning 6.  This is so scary.

He continues to be a delight and smart person.  Joel Husband and I did a good job if I say so myself.  We need to work a little better on James…  No, James is good too, just in a wild way.  Joel is calm, thoughtful, patient, and can manipulate to get a way he wants.  James should learn from this!  I know not to compare them, it is hard not too - they are different people.  Joel can learn from James happy go lucky attitude and to not let things get you upset.  Actually, I guess we could all learn from that.

Anyway, I digress.  I am getting besides the point here.  Last day of kindergarten.  Joel received the Award for Excellence the other day, and I missed it.  I didn't realize that he was getting it!  Only 9 out of the 27 kindergartners get an award the entire year, only 3 on this particular day, and I missed it. (confusion and work together made for a sad, sad mommy).  But he was so, so proud.  And so am I!

Here is our note from Mrs. Middleton about his big moment, and his progress this year:

HI,
I am sorry if there was any confusion.  Every trimester the K-2 teachers each pick a student for most improved, excellent effort and citizenship.  The assembly is held on the day of the middle school honor role breakfast.  All the kids in the school get awards for various things!  It is a pretty lengthy assembly.  All we do is stand up front with Mr. Deblois and hand out the awards.  Unfortunately, there isn't enough time to say anything great about each student.  I wish that we could.  It is just a quick call out the child's name.    

He has made so much progress this year!  He is such a riot and I have loved working with him this year!  He has a great sense of humor and is always willing to take a chance!  That is what I loved so much about him!  At the end of the day we do this dancing go noodle website.  He is not afraid to be himself!  He dances around and it is a blast watching him.  If I can video it today, I'll send it to you!  I will miss him next year!

I hope that you and your family have a great summer and I can't wait to see Joel in the hallways and watch him grow as a learner over his time at LAS!


So proud of my little guy, love him to the moon and back.  Here's hoping we have a fantastic summer of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment