Hello School People (names withheld!):
Hoping you guys had a great summer! We are a mix of excited and sad about summer being over. Well, that's just us- Joel can't wait!
I had some questions about the bus route. I have really just tried to go along with things because I know how hard it must be to plan this sort of thing, but I thought to ask this evening. Your note below says that kids won't be asked to cross the street for the bus. Joel crosses the street. I am likely misunderstanding the note below. Separately. I've always wondered how last year, Joel, a kindergartner, was on the bus for 40-45 minutes each morning when he lives less than 2 miles from school. I never wanted to be a PIA... So we just ended up driving him to school every morning and didn't get into it. (There were a few emails last year as to why people were driving to school creating long drop off lines when there is safe bus transportation - just wanted to explain why we were drop off. Not because Joel had a tough time on the bus, or because he was young, but because it was so, so much earlier than the start to school time. I think it would be interesting to poll those at drop off and see if they are the early pick ups).
With my 2nd going to kinder next year I thought I would ask. Who can I speak to about the routes? I don't want to make a special case for my kids, that's not the point. If this is the way it is, then fine. I'm just wondering how we have the bus routes and what the rules are. Can kids cross the street? Can there be bus stops (for example the end of Cider Hill for all surrounding houses), or no? Why is my super close neighbor on an entirely different bus and she gets picked up a full 30 minutes later than Joel? I don't mean to change everything, just understand the situation better. It would be great to figure something else a bit more workable before my lovable tornado storm James starts next year. Or also, for me to stop wondering and just understand why this is the way it is.
Thank you, and sorry for being a pain,
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment