Friday, August 14, 2015

Morning At Home


This summer has been a whirlwind, always coming and going or working and driving kids to a different camp that is far, far away.  My original summer plan had us doing about 25+ outings, I am happy to say we will get at least 1/2 of that done.  I miss my outings days with my boys - but something I missed even more, calm mornings.  Mornings when we were not running out of the house like crazy people. When I can make them a cooked breakfast, and they can play in the playroom and we can take showers after the 9am hour, and the boys will wear handsome shirts today, more and more.  Today is that morning.  It is 9:30.  We may leave by 11.  I love it.  I think this is the first one like this, this entire summer.

We can't find the remote in the playroom, and Joel replied: "we don't want to watch TV, we want to build houses."  I looked around the playroom and saw toys in piles, a lot of toys which are too young for my guys and I was reminded about the basement which is filled with lots of toys too young for my guys.  My first day with boys in school maybe a purge day.  Getting ready to get sad about that one.

They are getting bigger, but are lovable and wonderful.  They help with things around the house now and they still whine and complain and fight with each other too.  But, I am glad, now that it is mid-August, we finally had a rest morning at home and are about to enjoy an excursion out together.  

This is why I did not rush up once again to the lake house tonight.  So I can have unrushed and relaxed time this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment