Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Running Coach

I have been training for a 1/2 marathon. I have a little running coach. His name is Joel Andrew.  Each time I run he asks me how far I went, how fast I went.  If I say I went almost ten miles, his response will be - how come you didn't do the full ten miles?

When we talk about the race he will say: "you train so much so you will win."  I tell him I don't want to win, I just want to finish.  He does not understand this.

Our neighbor has run 7 1/2 marathons and will be running this one with me.  She is much faster than I am and in much better shape.  Joel wonders why I can't run as fast as her.

He is kinda a turd about the whole thing, actually.

Then, last weekend he wanted to run with me.  We did a little run around the loop at the lake.  We had to walk a few times.  He tried to keep up, then would walk and break, then would start running again.  It was kinda like looking in a mirror.

We chatted during the run, it was a really fun time.  I hope I get to do it again with him, I think he can get good!

At the end of the run he asked how long it was and I said .85 miles, and he replied, really?  I then said, imagine if you did that run 10 times - it still would not be as long as Mommy ran the other day.

I think he finally was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment