Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Food Fight, Kids


The boys can get glued to Food Tv.  For obvious reasons, they love Giada deLaurentis.  But really, any cooking show and they are hooked.  The other day they were watching what was left on - and called it Food Fight.  It really was an elimination designed food show - four start cooking an appetizer, then one is voted off, then three cook and entree, etc, etc.  My boys call these shows "food fight."


So, last week with Joel Husband was in Canada, I saw that there is a new Rachael Ray show with kids - and I put it on.  Over the course of three days, we caught up on 5 1-hour episodes and LOVED IT.  Naturally, they refer to it as Food Fight Kids.  It is the kids first foray into reality TV competition (getting them warmed up for A-Race).  And, it was all around good family time.


While they were watching we talked about the kids cooking, trying new foods, how they shouldn't get too upset - because then they make a mistake.  All good conversations.  Then, I made a dinner with lots of ingredients (pasta, and a lot of things cut up) - and I let them create their own dinners.  I know, no cooking involved, but they got to put all the flavors they wanted onto their own dish and eat and test it.

I felt pretty freaking awesome.  It was a good night.  Now, because we binge watched we have to wait a bit more before we can watch the next episode!


No comments:

Post a Comment