Tuesday, September 8, 2015

James' New School

You may remember from my previous posts all of my sadness of James' change in school.  He does miss his old friends, and his old teachers, but he is loving school.  Today I came to pick him up and I saw tons of kids running around and one kid in a gray costume through the front vestibule window - you cannot make out who is who, it is so far away, and all I kept thinking was - "that's my kid, in a costume."  I got inside, and sure enough.  There was that same wonderful smile, and that happy, yet whispered: "mommy!" excitement when he sees that I have arrived to pick him up, and this time, in an elephant costume.  On a 96+ degree day, the only one in his class in dress up.  Having an absolute ball.  He did not want to leave.

Each morning so far we have parked at the Folsom Tavern parking lot, and walked together, holding hands, to his school.  Today he helped me disarm the Tavern, and get it ready for the public, before we went.  I never want this to end.  Happiest 10 minutes of my day are he and I walking back and forth together.  Will this still stand in the winter time?


No comments:

Post a Comment