Sometimes I can be a good Mom. Yep, I left work early, I picked up the boys from camp with their friend and we went to the beach. I played games at the beach, and only freaked out moderately with all the sand and the mess (I secretly love the beach). Then, we came home, and I spent good time with one son, and later that night the other son and I read a book. Then, I was exhausted.
But oldest son, really wonderful guy - had told me: "Waddles has a hole, can you fix the hole in is neck, Mommy?"
I promised I would. But I was tired, and I drank a glass of wine and watched Netflix. (Mommy of the year). I was going to go to bed, until I saw Waddles, waiting, prepped for the OR.
So, just now, I performed surgery on Waddles. He is small, and well-loved, and the boy wanted it. I delivered a mended Waddles to his room where the boy was sleeping and gave the boy a kiss. I am lucky to be Dr. Mom tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment