Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Post Something

It has been a long time no post, but I am not sure what to post about. I guess I will just give you all a smorgasbord update.

The Kid

The kiddo is doing really well. I resisted the urge to post on Valentine's Day, which is a good thing, because it would have been a horrible post. He was a little monster that day. We had a party and he was throwing things like I have never seen. Climbing up the stairs and tossing things down. I was appalled. But, I chalked it up to a few things: too much sugar; we woke him up at Sunday River early that morning; he had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast; and a rough nap. So, I think he was just not himself. I hope all the other mommies visiting realize that too!

Most of the time he is a good little man. We still battle over him giving the dogs food in the high chair, but I can't really complain. He is making strides in his talking, though the words are not coming out clearly - we know what they are, but does anyone else? He says "hank ooou" - for thank you, and it is pretty much the cutest thing you could ever imagine. He says it when I give him his juice now, or if he hears one of us say it he will repeat it. The other great thing - "bess ooou" - for bless you. He has said that after I have sneezed twice now. My polite little guy. I almost want to get sick to hear him say it more. Almost.

He is also big on saying "apull" for apple. He has eaten a lot of apples as a result of this. We get so excited he can say it that we keep giving him more. Of course "o-dur" is still big for Otter. He loves to stand by the door and call her in. Car, milk, water, are all coming. I am pretty sure he also says ball. Hopefully he will be talking up a storm soon.

Deuce

Deuce is coming along. I am gaining weight the same way I gained with Joel Andrew, which means I am gaining a lot of weight. I can't really complain though, I have been eating a lot of chocolate and I know better. I am trying not to, but it is so good. I read an article that chocolate eating in the third trimester is linked to calmer 6 month olds. I will take it. Despite knowing I have to get into a bridesmaid dress in September, and despite the fact that I remember how bad I felt when the weight did not come off easily last time - I continue to eat lots of ice cream. At least I am laying off the soda this time, and ordering salads instead of burgers. But, I am going to need consolation when I do not, yet again, fit into my old clothes for a year. Last time though. I have been watching the Biggest Loser in hopes it will pre-motivate me for when Deuce is out!

His room his almost together. The furniture comes in on Friday. We still have plenty of time, so it is early for sure. They say to order furniture 8-10 weeks in advance, and it comes in after 2 weeks. With Joel Andrew I was on bed rest calling the place every day looking for the crib - who can predict? I will post photos when all is up and ready!

Frankly though, I do not think it has hit me that we will have another kiddo yet. hmmm. Also, I keep thinking the kiddo will come out and be ready to play with Joel Andrew, also not a good thought. We are a long way away from those days.

Additional items

I am nearing the end of my contract position with work. One month to go. It has been a great experience, and a lot of fun helping out but with Deuce on the way, I could not commit to a larger job. I am kind of bummed as I am missing out on a good career opportunity, but my husband seems to think that I am a very valuable commodity and when I am ready to go back anyone would be jumping to have me! Let's hope so! Plus, I am hoping that Deuce's arrival will not throw me for a loop but will allow me to plan more fun outings this summer. Last summer we went to so many great places, it would be great to bring Joel Andrew back to the zoos, beaches, museums... Can I do it while Deuce is still in sleepy bucket phase?

Husband has not been going to Canada lately, which has been nice. More time at home with the kiddo, more help for me. I can barely do bath time anymore, my back is so bad that the kneeling and leaning over thing and being there to pick up kiddo if need be is not working, so this is also good that husband is here. He even made a delicious dinner last night! I guess you do not really appreciate all of the things they do, until they are gone a ton!

The house is also getting fixed up. Last year we had some leaking damage over two floors, and just now we are really patching things up, not to mention fixing the frozen pipe area that happened this year. As an added bonus, we have added crown molding to two rooms. I am really excited that this is finally all coming together, just in the knick of time too! Thanks to Nick for all of his hard work!

Spring is around the corner, the snow is melting, Deuce is on his way. Now it is time to think about things like, who will watch Joel Andrew when we go to the hospital?; What shall I have for my first glass of wine? Babymoon next week!

2 comments:

  1. Babymoon? I'm jealous. If we had family in the area then I totally would have done that. Heck, I'd do it now but who wants to parent a toddler that isn't theirs for a long weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am psyched! I am very lucky as Joel Andrew is the only grandchild, so both sets of grandparents WANT to babysit. This is for K&K, as my parents had him when we were at a wedding in New Orleans in December. No complaints here!

    ReplyDelete