Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowmageddon, Ear Infections and Work

It is no secret, the entire Northeast is covered in feet and feet of snow. I blame myself. The last time I was pregnant, we also had a very snowy winter. Maine was so covered they had to dig out the road signs from the snow piles. This is all because I can't ski and enjoy the snow the way it is meant to be enjoyed. So, I'm sorry folks. I did it. But, soak it up because I do not plan on being pregnant again, so no snow in our future for the next few years for sure.

It is a lot of snow. I am finding that every week at least three things are cancelled, whether it be Gymboree, work, meetings, or day care. I went back to work a few months ago and work Tuesday and Thursday in the office, about an hour away. And, Wednesday from home. My boss knows I am a snow wimp, plus with the long commute that can easily turn into a 4 hour trip (no joke, has happened and would have happened today had I went in), and with husband in Canada and me being the primary picker-upper for the little guy, I just can't risk it. So, I am a first flake lady. One sign of the white stuff and I am working from home.

But, I am also first to admit, how do you get work done with a little man who needs CONSTANT attention? Today the little guy stayed home from day care, even though it was open, because he has a double ear infection. Husband stayed home too so we switched on and off while one of us had conference calls. So, I was actually able to get work done, but really honestly this would not be likely without husband's help, and without a slightly-lethargic version of my son (terrible thing to say).

Another terrible thing to say, I am going to miss my Wednesday this week. I love Wednesdays. I wake up, and bring the kiddo to day care in my PJ's. I work 1/2 day from home, so the other half I am going to the Dr, getting my toes done, or taking a nap. Lunch is a big deal for me these days. Where do I go for take out? But not tomorrow. Tomorrow will be day two of husband and I pawning off the kiddo to try and get some work done, followed by more shoveling (though, thanking pregnancy I have steered clear of that task) and lots of indoor time.

So, what do you do with your kiddo when you are stranded inside? How do we make adult snow days fun?

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness. Those are the worst days. I say let J get uber messy. Pull out magazines & glue and do collages. Try to get him outside for a while to tire him out. Let him nap as long as he wants. Heck, encourage two naps! Good luck...from sunny & warm Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete