Sunday, February 24, 2013
James and Mommy Time
James has been sick - coughing, snots, the cold works - the last few days. We think it might have been croup, and he did have a fever which was so low - yet still required one of us to stay home with him all week which was a bummer - but now he is looking much better. Still the nose and the cough, I anticipate that will kick around until spring.
It was tough spending the whole week trying to get work done, and have this little guy. I was on many a conference call when in the background they would hear cough-mcgee. When I said "Bye" to my fellow callers, James shouted one time: "Bye-Bye" and I heard all of them take a collective: "awe, so cute." He was actually very good compared to how his brother might have been at this age, he can entertain himself for way longer, and is easily distracted by food!
The Joel's went off to Sunday River this past weekend, and I stayed home with sick-boy, who by Saturday morning was much better. I needed a weekend to get caught up on around the house stuff, and I am happy to say I had a lot of me time too - finished Downton Abbey, got ready for our impending trip to Chicago, etc.
As James was feeling better, and he hadn't been out of the house in ages, we went to the Children's Museum of NH in Stratham. Sadly, this is the first time I went to a Museum with just James, and really the first time James has been to a Museum. Sure, he tagged along with Joel Andrew during my pre-work days, but in all honesty he was strapped in the stroller and I hardly let him out except for one or two photo ops here or there. This time it was all him, the Museum was his oyster.
Boy, did he love it. He was so overwhelmed with all of the colors, people, kids, sounds, you name it. When we first walked in he was mezmorized by a ball at the top of a bench, and sat there for five minutes. I had to convince him that this was only the tip of the iceberg, buddy. He would enter a new room in the Museum, and probably would be content to stay there for 2 hours each. I had to urge him to see the next thing so we could see most of it, and he was so excited and overwhelmed that he did not object.
His favorites were the musical instruments, the choo-choos, and he probably would have spend more time in the archaelogy dig or the submarine if I had let him, but we had to get going.
We have had some good meals together this weekend. Mommy is trying to get back on track with weight-loss which has been temporarily derailed. We discovered he loves the movies The Incredibles and Chicken Run, but really nothing else. I have also found my child who loves to color (A-Ca-ddur, he likes to yell) - which is nice, but a bummer too. He will not only color the paper, but the furniture and the dog and just about anything if you are not watching him. My brut artist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment