The big storm is upon us, and we are in Maine. It is exciting and probably stupid at the same time. My office called that they would be closed by noon today, and since I am usually working from home Fridays, I figured what is the difference between working from home and working from home which happens to be Sunday River? The bonus that threw it over the edge, daycare was cancelled, but a day in ski school was still an option!
Joel Andrew, who sometimes threw a tantrum when we dropped him off at ski school - went today with a smile. He even told the instructor the second he walked in: "I am going to do a really good job at skiing today." The mountain is perfect. There is hardly anyone here and there is fresh snow on the ground. I am itching to get out, and alas I am a slave to the laptop - though I finally claimed done at 2pm. Offices were officially closed at noon, I think that is ok.
I hope we have a fun weekend, I hope it is relaxing, and I hope nothing really bad happens to anyone anywhere - or our house - while we enjoy it. Lets just have a weekend without work, a weekend with lots of snow and fun with the kids, and a weekend of relaxation. We all deserve it. (if you can't tell, I may have had a glass of cabernet with my last hour of work...). I hope to check back tomorrow, with some fun photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment