- I have been saving "Llama, Llama at Home with Momma" for just this occasion. We read it both for the first time, and while reading I realized this book stunk. (SPOILER ALERT): The beginning of the book is all about resting in bed, and blowing your nose - but the end Momma gets sick too and the little Llama is bored. What? How is this helpful?
- By 9:55am, which is exactly 5 minutes before drop-off closes at Daycare, and also 5 minutes before my conference call with my supervisor, Joel Andrew came downstairs announcing he was just fine.
- He requested to watch Chicken Run, twice.
- The fish tank cleaning guy showed up, while Joel Andrew was supposed to be napping. Overheard from downstairs, the door opening from Joel's room and the pitter patter of little feet walking to the Man Room where the fish tank is. Then: "My Mommy says I am supposed to be sleeping. What are you doing?" As soon as I ran up to get him to go back to bed - he heard me coming and ran to his room too. Little devil.
- When no nap was happening, we went on a car ride and sure enough he fell asleep no problem. From 4-6:30pm he slept, including a transfer from the car to the bed in the playroom. Not sick my tushie. He never did that even when he was a baby.
- My Supervisor (who has no kids) wisely said to me "if you let him have fun and watch movies all day, he will want every day to be a sick day." Sure enough, this morning he came downstairs complaining he didn't feel well and needed to stay home. No joke, I responded by telling him all the TVs were broken. His reaction: "I want to go to school today Mommy."
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Joel Andrew's First Real Sick Day
Yesterday was Joel Andrew's first real stay at home sick day. He has certainly had them many times before when he was younger, but this is the first time that he had one when Mommy was a full-time worker, and he was old enough to understand what being home sick meant. Some snipits from the day for you:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment