Monday, June 17, 2013
Strawberry Picking
Last week we went Strawberry picking. It was a relatively good time, except for the fact that we walked there - Mommy thought she would get exercise again - and it was especially dangerous to take the few extra steps to the Strawberry patch. The owners of the farm found us and insisted we not walk again. I was putting my children in danger and scolded in public pretty much. We were safe though. I swear.
It also rained on us on the walk home, and my husband, despite working from home and the fact that it would only take him 2 minutes to come and get us, didn't. Nice.
So, we ate ice cream and walked in the rain for a bit. As you can see from the photos, the actual strawberry picking was a huge ball. The kids are really good at it, and we are going back again this week. I think I will even make some Jam.
I made the mistake, on the start of the walk out of the patch - to let the boys try a strawberry. This resulted in James trying to shove as many ripe juicy strawberries in his mouth as possible, all at once, while I was trying to usher him out and explain that he was stealing. All in all, it was a pretty good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment