Thursday, June 6, 2013
Grocery Shopping
We have had some horrific trips to the Grocery store lately. Really nothing earth shattering happening other than my skyrocketing blood pressure. Up until this point, I had pretty much steered clear of bringing both boys at one to the Supermarket. I would always bring one or the other - the other being at home with Dad, napping, or at school. But now I bring the both of them and it is nuts.
I remember the days of going grocery shopping with the newborn in the carriage, and me fitting enormous amounts - unheard of really, food in the bottom compartment to the carriage. The check out ladies were always amazed. The sleeping newborn made the shopping experience wonderful. Quiet time, where Mommy gets to be out, purchasing things and walking around. I guess this is why our food bills skyrocketed, and I had a hard time loosing weight (and then an easy time with James, loving food shopping can go both ways for the weight!).
This week, instead of lugging them to the grocery store, I decided instead to walk with them, and the carriage, to Applecrest Farm which is 1-1/2 miles away. It was lovely. Joel Andrew and I had great conversation on the way, he stood on his skateboard the whole time. We passed horses and chickens and said hello. We passed neighbors and stopped and chatted. We passed a cemetery and I explained to Joel Andrew all about death. Which was strange. I didn't say anything he couldn't handle, I just explain that sometimes after someone is really really sick or really really old, they die, and then they go in the ground. He asked me if I went in the ground, who would help Daddy take care of him? I was kinda upset that he assumed I would go in the ground first!
Anyway, we made our destination, and the boys had ice cream (they have a creamery there). I bought fresh fruit and veggies, local eggs, and then we hoofed it home. Exercise for Mommy, good food, and a lot cheaper than if I bought a bizillion other things at the supermarket. Let's hope we can do this again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment