Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Today

Today was not the best day.  It was raining, and the boys are couped up.  Beyond that, they are just terribly behaved in public and I am tired.  And heavy, still haven't gotten into weight loss mode and have had no time to run in the past week.  But whatever, it will happen, right?

We went to the dentist, James' first appointment.  Ironically, he will not sit still.  Joel Andrew will sit still and behave for everything, but the second you put an instrument near his mouth he gags so the dentist can't really check anything.  James will not sit still, so the dentist cannot really check anything either.  When she does finally cram a mirror in there, no gagging for James.  Just whining.

Then we went to the supermarket.  There should be a law against letting the carriages with the kids riding buses get wet.  They were all soaked in the rain but I used my scarf to dry it all off.  All the while an old lady had a nasty face because we were in the middle of her way, on the fifth time I asked Joel Andrew to stand against the wall, covered in wet, trying to hold James down all at the same time, I kinda lost it and yelled in a higher tone, "Get against the wall now!"

The old lady turned to me and said: "their just boys, you can't yell at them, no wonder why they are not doing well."  I literally almost killed the woman.  Like seriously almost. I told her I would be violent but that would set a bad example and she needs to walk on.  Then I remembered my face was recently plastered in the local news (for doing good things) - so I should probably maintain a low profile as this is just the sort of community where the next day in the paper would be an article, "Formerly Smiling Museum Director Beats Senior Citizen."

Anywho, it goes downhill from there.  They were not actually too bad this afternoon, but when we went for the last horse lesson they were both a mess.  My highlight, when James stuck the nozzle from a fire extinguisher in his mouth.  Yep.  The stable guy there just laughed and laughed.

I am exhausted.  I am making something horrible like mac and cheese for dinner, and then they are going to bed early.  One good plus about a rainy day, it is darker out so they can't tell!  Joel will need to learn how to read time to start to figure the early bedtime trick out!


No comments:

Post a Comment