I found a deal on Groupon, for $75 we got - count em' - five private, 1-hour, horse riding lessons for Joel Andrew at the stables just down the street from us. So, we gave it a whirl. For $75? How could you not? The lesson teaches Joel Andrew the different accoutremont that is involved in riding the horse, "horsemanship" lessons - he brushes the horses and learns how to take care of them, and also he is learning how to properly ride the horse, whose name is Johnny.
Joel is loving it and is a natural. He knows to say "Whoa!" to get the horse to stop and he is even trying to trot. The ladies at the stables are of course in love with him. This place is amazing, there are kids everywhere - it seems to be the place to hang out if you are from Hampton Falls after school. Although it is clearly the seasoned professional teaching Joel the riding part, it is always a young girl (in my opinion, less than 10 but I know my math is off with that so they are probably like 14) who teach him to brush the horse, etc. They think he is the cutest thing ever.
James goes with me and we walk around in the back stables the whole time while Joel is occupied with the various stages of his lesson. James and I make it a point to say "Hi!" to each of the over 40 horses in their stables. Most of the horses poke their heads out to say Hi back. James loves to repeat the Horsey's names, it is pretty darn cute.
I am raising rich kids for sure. I can see the polo ads now! We have three more lessons left, and then what - I wonder how much a horse riding lesson is after that. Perhaps we go down to one lesson a month then!
(I haven't posted in a while because there is something wrong with posting from my desktop. Hence why there are also no photos here... I will keep trying and will also try to catch up on my posting back log!).
No comments:
Post a Comment