Today was a lovely day at home with the boys. We just chilled. Joel Andrew woke me up by telling me I am pretty. I grabbed James and we all watched a Mickey in bed. Joel Husband was angry, I could tell - he was off to work. I reminded him it wouldn't always be great today - but it was.
We chilled downstairs. I made homemade sausage, egg and cheese sandwiches, the boys played in the other room, mostly quietly - and I caught up on the saga of Matt Lauer and the Today Show. I identify with him a lot these days. Well, except for the fact that he was paid $25 million last year. Not that. I wish.
We leisurely took our time upstairs while I did some laundry, and organized my closet. Needless to say, I am still not my old skinny self from the full-time job weight gain, and so I need serious wardrobe help to avoid a malfunction. The boys let me do this. They played, so nicely. James would come in the room evert three minutes to get me to "stick it" - which means put the choo-choo magnets together. I almost was annoyed by this but then remembered he will probably stop doing this soon, and then I will be sad. So, each time he came in I happily showed him how to fix it, then fixed it and gave him a big squeeze. Love that guy.
We got dressed. Or, as Joel Andrew says, we all got beautiful, and then it was off to the store. We went to buy potting soil. Is this the most boring thing you have ever read? Seriously, I loved this day so much so far. The simplicity of it, how beautiful it is outside, my cute little guys and my stay at home day.
We came home, planted lots of seeds. The boys are now really good at watering the plants. Seriously. They have their own little watering cans and they actually like to do this. Joel Andrew knows how to turn on the hose, fill up the cans, turn off the hose and everything. They water all my pots and flowers, and we listend to country music outside. It was heavenly.
While I cooked lunch (it was delicious by the way, and both boys ate it without protest, I couldn't believe it - orichette pasta with sauteed pancetta, onions, garlic, and asparagus in a bit of chicken broth, with a package of mozzarella cheese thrown in - yum!). Starting again... While I cooked lunch, the boys played nicely outside. The only protest of the day so far, was when I needed to call them in.
We watched Ratatouille while I set the table and they ate lunch, and then had way too much watermelon before James' nap. Joel Andrew is now playing the iPad quietly and I am catching up on things. We are going to see Joel's Horsey, Johnny, very very soon. This day rocks.
No comments:
Post a Comment