Monday, May 13, 2013

James is 2

James Morris turned 2 over the weekend.  Terrifying.  I still remember toddling around being huge and pregnant and having no one listen to me when I told them he was late, late late.  Two years ago a more than 10 pound baby was extracted from my stomach.  He has been growing on me ever since.

This kid is amazing.  He is two, he is happy, he is a love, he is defiant, and he is also an eater.  He will eat anything, except for brussel sprouts...  But, there is still time for that!  He loves his stuffed animals, his dogs, and most of all his brother.  His big brother does something, and two seconds later you know James will also do or say the same thing.  Peat and Re-Peat.

James is a snuggler, he loves to cuddle and be with.  But he is also trouble.  When he does not want to do something, he will not do it and he will have EPIC meltdowns.  At the Zoo today, he pulled an Epic Meltdown and Joel Andrew and I watched calmly - while others watched us - and then sure enough he gave up and stopped and we all went on our merry way. 

For his birthday we had a party in the backyard and we are very lucky that the rain held off for it.  The usuals all came, and I am not sure he even had a clue that it was his birthday. He chowed his cupcakes, and loved his presents (the Mickey Mandolin is his favorite) - but again, I am not sure that it ever registered this was all for him!

He is definitely a musician in the making.  He loves to play his guitar and sing me a song.  I love this little guy and I don't want him to grow up anymore.  Can he stay the same size for the next ten years?

No comments:

Post a Comment