No, this is not a post about how I have been feeling lately. This is about a movie theater, which I am in love with.
It is Wednesday, Joel Husband is working tonight. I have the boys. What do we do? Do we do the usual order Thai food and then watch a movie on the couch until bedtime? No… Tonight, we go to Chunky's (now I get Thai food tomorrow night, see how that works!).!
Chunky's is a genius movie theater where you can watch recently come out movies, eat deliciously bad for you food, and drink, all while sitting in chairs from old cadillac cars. The only one sad thing about this plan was Angus because he spent all day home alone and now all night home alone too.
But, I planned it anyway and set off to get my mini-men from daycare. I let them in on the news. The boys were psyched about a movie, and when I added that the Kings would be there it was over the moon excitement. Excellent.
For a grand total of $5.50 - yes seriously, that was the total - Joel Andrew, James and I all got into the movie. 4 and under, free. Ladies night is Wednesday, so I got $2 off admission. Are you kidding? I was so lucky to text Auntie Lauren at the last minute, and Declan and Nolan also met us. When Lauren came into the theater, found us at our chairs she and I exclaimed at the same time, "$5.50 - and we can drink, let's do this every Wednesday - have you seen Frozen yet?"
A carafe of wine later, an order of XL chicken fingers for the boys, and a non-dietary friendly meal for Mommy - we watched The Nut Job. Joel Andrew CRACKED up at all of the potty humor parts which in turn made Auntie Lauren and I crack up. Actually, the best entertainment of the evening was watching four boys under four watch a movie. At one point Nolan was upside down in his chair, yet fully paying attention. Joel Andrew was slurping the end of the chocolate milk from his straw - loud enough for the whole theater to hear, but yet he was oblivious. Auntie Lauren and I laughed in hysterics, the whole time.
It really was an awesome night out. Even though I had a hard time following the plot of the movie (there was a lot going on). I still don't get how a peanut cart exploded in a tree and made popcorn? I guess the point is not to think, and just laugh. Which we did. When the Gangham Style song came on at the end, all the boys had a great dance. Love them. See you next week, Auntie Lauren!
I waitressed at Chunky's while I was in high school. I think I saw Jerry Maguire over 100 times!
ReplyDelete