Monday, January 20, 2014

Throwing a Toddler in a Snow Pile Out of Frustration for Not Listening, And Other Fun


Did that sounds violent?  I didn't mean it to sounds violent... But, when you are working hard to shovel your walkway and a toddler continues to push snow back onto it while playing their game, no matter how many times and ways you explain to them not to put snow back on your walkway, you suddenly get the great idea to poof them in a pile of snow.  James did not like this.

Joel Andrew also had a hard time enjoying the snow while I was getting something done.  Here we are, New Englanders and you think that with a nice fresh pile of snow, no tracks in it whatsoever - and with being covered head to tow in snow suits and gloves and boots, they would be ready to romp for hours on end.  Making snow men, angels, all that good stuff.  Not my kids, they look at me and say: "Can you help me make it (whiny tone)?  What are we supposed to do?  Can I watch a TV show?"  NO!  Go have fun, dammit.  No more expensive ski lessons if this is going to take all the imagination as to what to do with snow out of your afternoon!


Finally, we went to the back of the house, and the boys went to the playground there.  They realized that the slide is much faster with the snow/ice layer and spent at least an hour climbing up, then speeding down on the slide into a snow pile.  Mommy throws you into a snow pile, no fun.  You scream down a slide into a snow pile, awesome times are had.  We finished out the day with a "sledding" ride which really was me pulling them up and down the driveway which was fun for a millisecond.  I am wondering that I might bring them to our back lot sometime and actually sled down the hill there…

Good times, and outdoor activity was had for all.  Now I have four sleeping boys and it is 5:30pm…  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment