Just thought I would send over a potty training James update since this week has been a complete 180 from just a few short weeks ago.
James now wears underwear. Like all day, and for nap too. He has accidents, yes. But I think Joel Husband and I rationalized this as all kids have accidents and it is part of learning. Joel Andrew hardly had any accidents. Like maybe a handful total - he was special for sure. So, just because James has an accident a day doesn't mean we should give up on him. We are full steam ahead with the potty training with James, and he is trying.
I think I have never been so proud as when the little guy told us in the car ride to Sunday River: I have to go potty. Then, he waited till we got to the rest stop, and happily went potty. He came out beaming and so proud of himself.
I think having a weekend with three older kids who all wore underwear really cemented it for him. Now, let's hope to ride the wave here and please give me patience for all the laundry. I know so accidents may happen ahead. Please no poopy accident..!
No comments:
Post a Comment