Thursday, February 6, 2014

Joel Andrew, Drama King


Can't always blog about the good, right?  Yesterday was an awesome snow day.  And by awesome I mean there was lots of snow.  I will get into the whole - working people who have snow days home with their kids stink, because there is no focus on your children and the focus is instead yelling at your children to move, be quiet or watch more TV while you take a conference call or write a "really important email" thing later.  All I did was look outside and see the snow that I could not play with and feel so guilty for yelling at the kids that just wanted to have fun with me.

Because of that, I forced myself to have some fun in the afternoon - we invited our close neighbors over and had hot tub time in the snow.  It was awesome.  Good times were had by all!


But the main cause for this post, is the fact that since I needed to ignore my kids for a lot of the morning and late afternoon, they were monsters.  Constantly fighting, Joel Andrew threw so many drama tantrums that he needed to take a nap at one point, which he has not done in years it seems.  Not sure how to quiet these men when Mommy needs quiet too.  Any thoughts there?

Back to work/school day today and I am exhausted!  I hope this crazy period passes...

1 comment:

  1. Agree with this! We just had a family meeting on yelling/fighting. New 1-2-3 separate rooms the kids agreed to respect and they are allowed to tell Mom "Please no yelling" if I do. Husband was like "I hardly yell" [and he also isn't trying to work at home with kids around. Men are so much better at compartmentalizing.]

    ReplyDelete