Monday, March 10, 2014

The start of a long week?


Today is our first - and only- really full day together with Daddy away in Canada this time.  Luckily with Daylight Savings time, the kids didn't wake up until after 8, yay!  We relaxed and I made a big breakfast while they played and had fun.  We all got ready in our "handsome clothes" and off we were to the local joint, I just didn't feel like traveling into Boston this week.


The boys painted baseball cap banks.  Joel Andrew continues to have a problem when you refer to something by a different name than what he knows it as. For instance, it was Baseball Hat Banks, Mommy.  Not Cap.  We are trying to enlighten him that sometimes things have more than one name, like, for instance: "Joelly, Joel, Dincklebutstein…"  He will get there.


James quickly lost interest in the painting project and wanted to play.  So, after we had our finishing touches we went into the pretend area and the boys played really well together and had a ball.  So much so that when it was time to leave they both called me a mean mommy for making them not have fun anymore.  Nice.


The ironic thing is, we have 1/2 of this stuff at our house.  But it is so cluttered I think it is hard for the kids to really enjoy it.  I think I need a purge and soon.  Once this snow goes away, so will most of the items in the basement.  Garage sale, eBay or Craig's list?  Hmmm.  At this point it might just be the town's elementary school fundraiser (where you just drop all of your stuff off and they sell it for you and keep the money) or the Big Brother Big Sister truck that will come pick it up for us…  Not sure.


James had a great time playing with the baby too - and even brought the baby to the store and rocked it to sleep singing the most excellent lullaby I have ever heard.  The kids makes up some great lyrics.  I need to start writing them down as he says them.




One day I will get a photo of the both of them smiling at once.  In the meantime, we will just have to have double the photos.  James is hopefully going to take a nap, and Joel is going to play quietly… But what to do when they wake up?  This Mommy is happy there are two new Disney shows they both love..!   (Though I swear, I am spending lots more time with them and not TVing them a ton, but you have to give me a break, 2 shows today for all day…  not bad?).



No comments:

Post a Comment