We go away many weekends, skiing or to the lake. This has always been fine, but now that the kids are getting bigger and there are so many birthday parties, and there are so many things going on - we are missing more and more and more. But we keep going and there is a very good read for this - it is good for us to get away, we need too - there is not so much fun to be had at home.
At home I cannot stop doing work, and neither can Joel Husband. At home we are constantly fixated on work and what needs to get done, and laundry and the next step. I am sure every family is the same. We are super lucky that we get to have these little mini-vacations. Where the Joel's are on the couch watching Super-8 while I blog and open a bottle of chardonnay (she pauses to open the chardonnay)… This after a morning where the Joel's skied and James and I watched Sunday Morning on the couch. We went to the pool and had swimming races, and then went to the Chili Cook-Off and ate way too much Chili, James ran from Eddy the Yeti while Joel hugged him, and we danced to some fun music.
Yesterday was more of the same, and was perfect. James went to "That Place" - which is what he calls his daycare here, and loves. He went out skiing, and had a ball and was all smiles when I picked him up. While he was there, the Joel's and I went skiing and eventually met up with Joel's friend Vaughn and his Dad. It was sunny, warm, and fun skiing. There were hardly any people out on the mountain, it was the best ski day ever.
Not to mention, the Dumont Cup was happening - which we skied over to see. It was difficult to ski and watch and be in the crowds and have all that going on, but I managed, somehow. It was neat to watch the Slopestyle Skiers - go over all the tricks then down the hill, up a huge jump, flip then land. Luckily I don't think Joel Andrew was too interested in it - he liked it but was more excited to hang out with his friend. If James was there and a bit older I think then he would be hooked. There was a 13 year old taking these jumps, if I was his mother I would have freaked out.
So, we are lucky and I am relaxed which is a good thing. I can't imagine any other way for me to stay away from my job. And have so much quality time with my family. Of course, it means the week can be a blur trying to do all the things you usually do on the weekend - laundry, groceries, etc. But it is worth it!
Now that's all said, pretty soon the season of me working on weekends will be upon us.. Argh.
No comments:
Post a Comment