Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wisdom?

My note to my friend who just had her first - who in no way needs any advice from me.  Who is super prepared and super excited to have her girl.  I am silly by putting my two cents in.  But it surprised me, what I wrote as "notes of encouragement" for those first few nights, without the help of a husband, with you and your baby who hardly sleeps - when I wrote it off in two quick seconds with a glass of wine (or two) in me:

"Love and hugs your way - enjoy and love.  That's what this time is about (and this is me saying this..!).  My oldest burped in my face tonight and my youngest peed all over the bathroom floor. I know you have a girl, so hopefully neither will happen to you - but it really does go by super fast.  Love & document is all I can say.  That being said, I am a terrible person because when my youngest peed all over the floor I cried and screamed at him (it was a long day at the Museum)…  I should have known better, James also peed all over the hospital room before we left, twice…  Point being, welcome to motherhood.  It is stressful…  but not so much if you take it grain by grain and see the light in all the challenges"

I actually had wisdom in there, briefly, after the crying bit…  but it was in there.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment