Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Joel Andrew, Teenage Girl & Other Things

Does your 4-almost 5 year old boy act like a teenage girl sometimes?  Mine does.  I wonder how he will react to this when he is older, but some recent examples:


  1. Joel Andrew gives me play money to "buy" some "food" - I put the money on the counter while I cook.  He goes off and plays and then comes back to get the money.  I say, "No, it's my money, why do you want it back?" - His response: "I love you Mommy!" and gives me a big hug.  Where did he learn this?  Is it in his genes?
  2. When the boys get upset at each other they like to say: "I'm not gonna be your best friend."  Its kinda cute and a not bad way to express emotion I think, they make up and hug usually and so it is good.  However, Joel Andrew was mad at his Dad last night - and this is not a good - Joel Andrew responded with: "I'm not going to love you anymore."  He spent the next 30 minutes loudly sobbing on his bed.  

Is this just a stage, or are we in for it for many years to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment