Anyway, I went nuts a few weekends ago. Our basement had accumulated tons of stuff. Tons. I separated things into piles - for Auntie Jennie for when she has her little (and also Karen); for Carmen, the amazing lady who cleans out house and has lots of grandchildren and just in general likes to take stuff I do not need anymore; and for sale on craigslist, or on my Mommy's group sale page on Facebook. Things are going well. Two carloads gone to Carmen, a huge pile that is ready for Auntie Jennie any time she wants, a carload for Karen as well, and one quick sale through Facebook, some baby gates (Joel Husband is reading this and freaking out, but hey husband, you did not do the work, I am getting it done, I will not give you specifics on the going rate except I do a good job - he should know, I once sold lamps on Craigslist 115% of their value, and we are not talking that they were antique and should have sold for higher).
Anyway, I digress. I am getting to the really emotional stuff. The Stroller. It has been sitting in the garage, getting older and collecting dust. On a whim (and a glass of wine) I posted on the Facebook page just to see if anyone would be interested, and like vultures, they are. But not the whole thing, just the parts. Meanwhile, while taking everything out to photograph it, I was super sad. I will miss this thing, really. Like hundreds and hundreds of miles were logged on this thing. Hundreds. (and it is still like new, if anyone who wants to buy it asks). But, it has been to Disney, Chicago, Hilton Head, and more. It has held both my little guys through countless hours of sleeping. It also served as a shopping cart for a long time (that uppababy fits a TON of stuff in the basket underneath).
I couldn't use it again if I wanted to. The boys are just too big. Even if we went to Disney, and had the skateboard attachment - which was AWESOME and a life saver by the way, for when James was a baby - now they would just fight over who gets the Skateboard. It is time. Rather than let it sit and collect dust, another family needs it. And, I insist it is not Auntie Jennie, she needs a new stroller that she can make memories with too (seeing as her mom bought this one for me, I can't give her my used one, she needs new).
Anyway, this time next week, it maybe a memory. So sad. I am oddly attached to things. Always have been. Brought my stuffed animal from childhood to college, he was the ring pillow at my wedding, and he took monthly photos with Joel Andrew when he was a baby. So, this whole clean house thing has been hard. What to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment