Saturday, May 17, 2014

I miss my Boys

It seems as though I have been working a ton lately.  A lot more than someone who is 20 hours a week should, and it is wearing on me as I miss my boys.  And, when I am not working, I am worrying about work. I know, people, work stinks - everyone has these issues.  But things have gotten really stressful and now I am just missing my guys.  Can't fit into my clothes is one thing, no time for exercise is another, having more than one or two glasses a wine to calm down a night is a third - but missing time with my boys - multiple weekends and trips to Maine in a row - when one is going off to Kindergarten and will be sucked into the school and sports game circuit in just a few short months - and I am missing out on the few months we have left of fun adventures - is not OK.

So, I am going to suck it up for one work event tonight.  And one again on Wednesday.  And missing our Mondays for school programs in a few weeks, and another Saturday in a few weeks too - but I need to make everything in between count, and I am not, refuse, will never plan anything from July 12- school starting.  Just 20 hours, and some weeks nothing then…  Not like I want to wish the precious time away, but can I make it to July 13th?!

Is anyone else profoundly sad at how big their littles are getting?  Joel Andrew will pretty soon not want to hang out with me, and I am a mess at knowing that now, when he does want to hang out with me all I am doing is working or being stressed out about work.

No comments:

Post a Comment