As Joel Husband has been in Canada, I have been exhausted. Actually, I have just been exhausted in general lately, from work, life and the epic continued weight gain with the eating bad and the eating a ton and all that jazz. But that is for a different type of blog so I will not bore you with that here except to say it has been hard to not have a short fuse, and to be a good Mommy with all this whiny and tiredness and pants that don't fit as you can imagine. But I'm trying.
To solve a few of these issues, I picked my guys up from school yesterday and promised myself I would play outside with them. The boys can occupy themselves for hours between our swing set and bikes, and I usually see everything from the kitchen window and check through the garage door too. But Joel Andrew caught me when I told him we were having sandwiches for dinner: "Those are easy, so you can play with us." How can you turn down your child wanting to play with us? I am sad to admit I almost want to so I can organize something or look at the stupid phone, but I forced myself not to and it was fun.
We have a life sized and a kid sized basketball hoop, and I taught Joelly how to play. I was most improved player for my CYO league you know. Joelly noted that this weekend we should have a team with Pa, and we will play against Nana, Daddy and Jamesy. Fine with me!
It is a good thing the boys generally immediately put on their helmets for outside play time. They go right for their bikes, so their helmets help. But then they keep them on by default and continue playing. Throwing a football, it hit Joelly square in the helmet and he laughed (we have to work on that sport). On the return of one of my numerous basketball scores I got James in the head too - and he barely flinched. Not saying I am trying to do this - I freaked out each time it happened, just saying the helmets really work!
So glad spring is finally here and playtime outside is a possibility! I totally lost it when James marketed the carpet on Monday. I think we shall not play inside again until December.
No comments:
Post a Comment