Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dance Mom

Being a Dance Mom of a boy, I am finding, is cake.  No need to put up hair in buns or worry too much about runs in tights.  No need to do makeup or follow crazy recital outfit instructions, nothing.  I actually think the teachers are friendlier to you and go easier on you on the demands (we go to a fancy academy and I think there are demands…  They have specific stipulations about behavior and dress and things like that which I actually like) - anyway, because I have a boy and maybe they want to keep us around?  Or, maybe it is because he is just so darn cute?

We are nearing the end to recital time, and Joel is determined to enjoy every last minute of it, he loves it now and cannot wait for his recital.  However, he will not agree to do dance again next year.  He says he wants to do sports next year.  I am heartbroken. I really wanted a super cool son who is an olympic skier and crazy awesome tap dancer.  I guess I can't pressure.  Who knows, mid-summer he might change his mind?  I wonder if his father is brainwashing him…

If I can get it off the phone, I will upload the cutest picture ever soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment