Anyone else have trouble getting their husbands to listen to the plans, calendar or schedule? I pretty much lost it today. Anyway, here is my response to get it in check. I have a Google family calendar now, and he has an iPhone, so there is no excuse, right? This is my email note, and in the event he does not read his email, I know he will read this blog and relish the chance to yell at me for airing our dirty laundry in public, thusly I am happy at the result because it will prove he read the blog, and so he should then know to USE THE CALENDAR. Get it here people?
Here is what I wrote:
Dear Husband,
As it does not work for me to email you, tell you (repeated times, 1,000 different ways), write it on the chalkboard, or nag you about calendar things, I have created a separate gmail account for US to keep appointments for the family. You need to log your phone onto this so that you can see the events associated. Please check weekly. The title starts with who is expected to be there (ex. WILLALL means all of us, J&D means you and me, JAW means Joelly and JMW means James, I assume you can keep track of your own schedule). PLEASE CHECK THIS CALENDAR. It has all of the needs in it. Please add to it too!
To log in, go to gmail and enter (deleted for privacy reasons from this blog).
To add this to your phone, go to Settings, Mail, Contacts and Calendars, then select Add Account - add the account with the password and username above. You may want to make sure the account only shows you the calendar, and not the email, though up to you.
PLEASE DO THIS NOW. PLEASE LOOK AT IT. I am not sure what else I can do to inform you of these events.
Please add when you want to go to Canada (business trips) to this Calendar, or when you have a night out in this calendar. If I have made the calendar first, then you need to help me find extra coverage for the boys. I am done otherwise.
This has been a public service announcement from an exhausted wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment